This Week in Health News: 11 Stories You Need to See
NEW YORK, Dec. 8, 2023
A roundup of the week's most newsworthy health industry press releases from PR Newswire, including partnerships to study lung cancer, suicide prevention, and Hepatitis C.
NEW YORK, Dec. 8, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the healthcare industry stay on top of the week's most newsworthy and popular releases, here's a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn't be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- CVS Health highlights path to accelerating long-term growth through building a world of health around every consumer
CVS Pharmacy today CVS CostVantage, a new approach that evolves the traditional pharmacy reimbursement model and brings greater transparency and simplicity to the system.
- Zepbound™ (tirzepatide) is Now Available in U.S. Pharmacies for Adults Living with Obesity
Following the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval on Nov. 8, 2023, people living with obesity can now access Zepbound in six doses (2.5 mg, 5 mg, 7.5 mg, 10 mg, 12.5 mg, 15 mg) through a prescription that can be filled at retail and mail-order pharmacies.
- Lung Cancer Research Foundation and the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) Announce New Research Partnership
IASLC and LCRF have created this Team Science award to focus on furthering the development of novel therapies, including immunotherapeutic approaches, for patients with oncogene-driven lung cancers. It is the intent of the two organizations to fund work that will have the potential to increase survivorship, and have a near-term benefit for these patients.
- Assisted Living Locators Offers Tips for Families Transitioning Loved Ones into Senior Care
"Shifting to senior care is a significant decision, often filled with emotions and uncertainties," says Angela Olea, RN, Assisted Living Locators Founder, Brand President. "The holidays, however, provide a natural setting to discuss and reassure our loved ones of our unwavering support throughout this transition."
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention Announces Annual Research Grants Totaling Over $9 Million
The 27 grants awarded this year address six key suicide research areas: (1) Neurobiological, (2) Genetics, (3) Psychosocial, (4) Clinical Treatment, (5) Loss Survivor and (6) Community Intervention.
- Montefiore AIDS Center Awarded $6.8 Million to Curb the Disproportionate Impact of HIV on Black, Hispanic & LGBTQ+ Communities
"We have made tremendous strides in addressing HIV and AIDS. But since the beginning of the HIV/AIDS epidemic, communities of color and people who identify as LGBTQ+ remain at higher risk and unacceptable disparities remain," said Barry Zingman, M.D., the principal investigator at Montefiore for all three grants and Medical Director of the Montefiore AIDS Center.
- Quest Diagnostics and CDC Expand Public Health Research Collaboration to Better Understand Hepatitis C Burden in the United States
Under the new agreement, Quest will perform both HCV antibody testing and molecular RNA testing using HIPAA-deidentified "remnant" specimens randomly selected from clinical test specimens.
- Jasper Health Unveils Medicare Focused Cancer Care Navigation Leveraging AI, Aligned with New Reimbursement Codes
This groundbreaking virtual solution aligns with national efforts and marks a turning point in the transformation of cancer care navigation. Having Medicare reimburse for cancer navigation services will make, "an enormous difference in people's lives," said Dr. Jill Biden, who championed the White House's initiative.
- PrecisePK and Cherokee Indian Hospital Authority Join Forces to Optimize Antibiotic Dosing in Indigenous Communities
By integrating PrecisePK's innovative Bayesian precision dosing tools, the Cherokee Indian Hospital Authority demonstrates a commitment to harnessing technology for optimizing patient-specific treatments and enhancing healthcare outcomes for Native American communities.
- TeselaGen Announces Spin-Off, Built Biotechnologies, Aims to Advance DNA Manufacturing
Built will specialize in advanced DNA manufacturing workflows and will provide molecular biology services and products crucial for unlocking advancements in cell and gene therapies, agricultural biotechnology, phage genomics, and beyond.
- Survey: 2/3 of Parents Unaware that Type 1 Diabetes is Identifiable Before Symptoms
In DLC's online survey of 1,000 parents of children aged 17 and younger, findings indicate that parents may misunderstand T1D risk and are unaware of screening options to identify risk early. Importantly, parents said they would be interested in screening options that would help improve their child's outcome if diagnosed with T1D.
Read more of the latest health-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNhealth on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they're signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire
PR Newswire is the industry's leading press release distribution partner with an unparalleled global reach of more than 440,000 newsrooms, websites, direct feeds, journalists and influencers and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages. From our award-winning Content Services offerings, integrated media newsroom and microsite products, Investor Relations suite of services, paid placement and social sharing tools, PR Newswire has a comprehensive catalog of solutions to solve the modern-day challenges PR and communications teams face. For 70 years, PR Newswire has been the preferred destination for brands to share their most important news stories across the world.
For questions, contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-health-news-11-stories-you-need-to-see-302009612.html
SOURCE PR Newswire